Monday, April 10, 2006

a new search engine

I found a new search engine that I am finding kind of exciting. It is kid friendly and not supposed to find any adult content sites. RedZee is similar to google in looks but has quite a few neat features. It shows the time it took to search and also shows pictures of the webpages. I am partial to pictures. Another intriguing feature is the redzeepedia which gives a brief description of the terms searched. I typed in podcasts and learned quite a bit just reading the redzeepedia content which appears at the top of the page.

I found iTunes in my search which I haven't discussed yet in this blog. The site that started the podcasting business. It offers free podcasts and the ability to upload your podcast if you so desire. By going to the online music store you can find what you are looking for. Give it a try.

1 comment:

Rabecca said...

Another good search engine is KartOO. www.kartoo.com
The interesting feature of KartOO is the graphical arrangement of search results. Rather than list of results, a visual map is generated that displays search results, an image and description of the website are provided in the right hand column. Results can be easily narrowed by focusing on a branch of the display and subtopics and related terms are also shown. The site does have the option for a parental filter.