Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Examples of Educational Podcasts

In my recent search for knowledge about podcasting. I have come across a site that answers Susan's question. She asked if there was an index of podcasts and lo and behold I found one.

Education Podcast Network has created a site that indexes educational podcasts. I don't think there are a lot of them but there enough to get an idea of what is being done in the schools. On the right hand side of the page it is broken down by school such as elementary, and middle, high. Then there are examples from each school. I notice that quicktime is used each time I listen to these podcasts.

The creator of this site is David Warlick. He also has The Landmark Project website which is very interesting. He is the citation machine creator. Take a look.

1 comment:

Rabecca said...

I was particularly impressed by the podcasts done by students. What great ways to get students involved in multimedia projects. As a teacher I could use this site to get ideas for my own projects. The indexing the site does is useful in finding podcasts on various subjects. Students could also feel a sense of accomplishment in submitting their work to be included.