Monday, March 20, 2006

Podcasting

I am back discussing Podcasting. In my recent foray into the domain of podcasting I discovered it a relatively new technology. It was invented in 2000 and is like radio on demand. A person can listen to podcasts using RSS feeds either on their computer or downloading to a personal listening device (ex. ipod, MP3 player). The two most popular audio files available online include talk shows and music. However, there are other options.

The following link gives great resources and background information. http://www.podcasting-tools.com/

To listen to a few podcasts check out Yahoo and see what is available. http://podcasts.yahoo.com/

Next I will discuss how to create them. Until then.

1 comment:

Rabecca said...

It's interesting how quickly podcasting has become a part of common speech. It’s also interesting that the word is derived from iPod. Is it really a “podcast’ without an iPod? I guess so. I look forward to learning how this technology could be used in schools.